Athletics Australia are excited to announce an Endurance Coaching Conference, to take place on the 13th-14th December at Albert Park (VIC).
The two day program will be hosted by Australian Distance Team Coach, Adam Didyk, and will see many of Australia’s best endurance coaches present.
Louise Burke OAM, PhD, APD - Chief of Nutrition Strategy at the AIS
Jonah Oliver - Performance Psychologist at Athletics Australia and QAS
Craig Hilliard - Head Coach at Athletics Australia
Brent Vallance - NJEC Walks at Athletics Australia
Julian Periard Bsc (Hons), BEd, MA, PhD, FECSS - Associate Professor at the University of Canberra Research Institute for Sport and Exercise
Nic Bideau - Head Coach @ Melbourne Track Club
Philo Saunders - Senior Physiologist at the AIS
Paul Blackman - Sports Doctor at Athletics Australia
The cost of the program is $10 for accredited Athletics coaches, or $110 for non-accredited athletics coaches, and will incorporate viewing of the annual Zatopek:10 at Lakeside Stadium.
Details on the topics to be covered include:
Thursday Programme (Coach Day, 3:00pm to 5:30pm)
- Presented by: Louise Burke, Paul Blackman and Jonah Oliver
- Topics include: Emotional Well-being, Low Energy Availability, Endurance Nutrition and Research Opportunities.
- Zatopek:10 commences from 6pm
Friday Programme (Coach and Athlete Day,10:40am to 4:00pm)
- Presented by: Adam Didyk, Craig Hilliard, Brent Vallance, Julian Periard, Philo Saunders and Nic Bideau.
- Topics include: Preparing for Doha and Tokyo, High Performance Focus, Adaptions from Heat Training, Strategies to Manage Heat, Altitude Training Considerations and Planning a Training Camp.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from some of our countries best coaches. To secure your spot - https://eventdesq.sportstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&EventDesqID=30507&OrgID=1721